Fr. Bloomfield's Blog

I am a Roman Catholic Priest of the Archdiocese of Detroit, currently assigned to Divine Child Parish in Dearborn, Michigan. When I manage to keep the page updated, hopefully something interesting can be found here!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Total Consecration according to St. Louis de Montfort

In my homilies for the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God, on New Year's Day, I mentioned that no better way exists for us to begin the New Year, than to dedicate ourselves completely to Jesus Christ, through His mother, Mary. I'm sorry that I don't have the homily reproduced here, but I do want to recall the importance of Total Consecration according to St. Louis de Montfort.

Happily, a version exists online here. If you'd like to buy the book, you can check Amazon or here. There are probably more places to find it, so if you've got a better suggestion, please post in the comment box.

Personally, the Total Consecration has meant a great deal to me and my spiritual life. I first made the Consecration about 10 years ago, at Francsican University of Steubenville. As I mentioned in the Homily, if it weren't for this devotion, I sincerely doubt that I would have been ordained a priest. I pray that through this continued devotion, I might yet become a saint.

Please add your experiences with the True Devotion of St. Louis de Montfort in the comments section; and please let us pray for each other as we endeavor to serve Jesus completely through Mary.