Fr. Bloomfield's Blog

I am a Roman Catholic Priest of the Archdiocese of Detroit, currently assigned to Divine Child Parish in Dearborn, Michigan. When I manage to keep the page updated, hopefully something interesting can be found here!

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Pilgrimage!

A couple weeks ago, John Hale from Corporate Travel suggested that I consider leading a pilgrimage to Italy next October (2006). Currently, the itinerary will include Rome, Assisi, San Giovanni Rotondo (Saint Padre Pio's friary), and possibly Siena, and the Eucharistic Miracles in either Lanciano or Orvieto-Bolsena. The pilgrimage includes all the transportation costs, lodging, and most meals; a price is still to be determined. I will be saying Mass daily at the shrines we visit, and opportunities for Confession will be frequent as well. Hopefully, we'll be able to visit some "behind-the-scenes" parts of Vatican City and even hopefully have an audience with His Holiness Benedict XVI.

If you're interested -- even slightly -- please call me at the parish offices at (734) 455-5910 or e-mail the address found here. I can't put the address directly here, or my inbox will be filled with spam.